Welcome to "English For Excellence" Latest: For Daily Tests and Quizzes, Follow Me on Telegram/Online Tests For Competitive Examinations/High School English Worksheets/Spoken English...

ENGLISH GREETINGS


ENGLISH GREETINGS

Greetings and farewells.
Good morning / morning!
Hello / Hi guys!
How do you do?

Good day!
Goodbye!
Bye, have a nice day!
Enjoy your day!
See you tomorrow.
Take care!
 
Spontaneous reactions
Thank you.
Thank you/ you're welcome.
Bless you!
Congratulations!
Do you feel well?
Do you have the hiccups?
a headache, stomachache, a cold, the flu,…
Sorry/I am sorry. ( apologize )
Sorry? ( say it again )


Getting  attention
Listen... Look...
Pay attention.../May I have your attention, please?
So now, listen to...
Excuse me...
Watch out!
I have a question for you...
What's up?


Asking for permission
Can I go to the toilet?
Can I sharpen the pencil, please?
Can I use a dictionary?
Can I borrow a pen/eraser/paper?
Can you lend me your pen/eraser/paper?
Can you please lend me your pen/eraser/paper?

Asking for help
I need help / more time...
Sorry?
Say it again..
I don't get it, can you repeat, please?
What do you mean with/by.....?
What does ( word ) mean?
What's the meaning of...
( word ) ?
Is this right? / Is this OK?
May I ask... ?
How do you say.... in English?
Tell me the difference between A and B

Previous
Next Post »